Sacramento Center for Innovation
- Over two years ago, the City of Sacramento adopted a specific plan for the 240 acre industrial area south of the Sac State Campus entitled the Sacramento Center for Innovation (SCI) of which Sac State owns 25 acres in the middle of the plan area. For comparison, 240 acres is approximately the size of the downtown railyards)
- In partnership with the City, Sac State can create a research park that will not only be a leading showcase for our City, but an asset to our community, and workforce and the State. It will retain and grow the level of talent we need in Sacramento to attract investment and business. For comparison, Googleplex, Google’s original Headquarters site in Mountain View, is currently 26 acres.
- The Sacramento Center for Innovation is located in the middle of the Power Inn Alliance Business Improvement District which is home to 62% of the existing manufacturing jobs in the City of Sacramento*.
- In the near future, Sac State, in likely partnership with the City Innovation and Growth Fund, will take the first steps to making this a reality by conducting a feasibility study. We hope to secure Federal EDA grant dollars to help develop a plan that will guide the development of the university’s 25 acres and the SCI as a whole.
- Innovation Center at The Crossings | 2910 Ramona Avenue, Sacramento
- Now Leasing! Click here for info
*Data prepared by the Burris Service Group and Power Inn Alliance. The Impact of Economic Activities in the Power Inn Alliance area, Jan. 2016.